As it looks like Littleton will likely be affected by Hurricane Florence here are some tips and resources to ensure that everyone is as prepared as we can be. Please share this information with your neighbors as we get through this together.
- Closest Emergency Shelter is William R Davie Middle School at 4391 Hwy 158 Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 which will open at 8am Thursday Morning 9/13
- If you have any non-urgent questions in regards to the Sheriff or County emergency services, please call the Halifax Non-Emergency Phone line at 252-583-2368
- If a road is blocked by a fallen tree or by live power lines please call 911 as they will have the resources to clear this.
- Power Outage Information for DUKE PROGRESS ENERGY
You can sign up for outage alerts by texting REG to 57801 or enroll online and select “outage notifications”.
If you experience an outage, please visit our website, text OUT to 57801 or call 800.419.6356
- Get the NC READY app at https://readync.org/
- Halifax County NC Emergency Services Resources: https://www.halifaxnc.com/quicklinks.aspx?CID=14
- Sign up for Alerts from Halifax County https://local.nixle.com/signup/widget/i/5331
Do not drive through standing water on roads or in parking lots.
The average automobile can be swept off the road in 12 inches of moving water, and roads covered by water are prone to collapse. Attempting to drive through water also may stall your engine, with the potential to cause irreparable damage if you try to restart the engine. If you come upon a flooded street, take an alternate route.
- OWNERS OF COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL ALARM SYSTEMS: Please put your alarm system on “test mode” ahead of the storm.